Monday, May 23, 2011

Tragic Losses

A friend in the Amazon Forum, Sandy K has recently lost two young adults in her close circle of family and friends. She turned to the Amazon Forum "The Spinning Wheel (3)"  for guidance and support from her friends. I may rant about the Amazon forums and repeatedly claim that I will steer clear of them, but warm and welcoming people like Sandy K pull me back there. I wanted to post this on here for Sandy K and for anyone who has lost friends or family in any of the recent tragedies that have taken place.

In the face of such a tragedy like this, it’s impossible to know where to look to for guidance-for any sense of understanding. We all want to believe that things happen for a reason and that everything is part of a master plan that will reveal itself at times. Then tragedies like these are thrown at us. The only suggestion I can extend to you is what I would want to say to my own family and friends if I were watching them suffer from losing me.

Thank you for loving me enough to feel heartache in my absence. Thank you for loving my family enough to be there with open arms while they are facing the future. Know that I’ll always be with you in spirit and in your memories of the times of the past. When you feel your anger and frustration for what we cannot control in life trying to consume you, let the memories of my smile warm your heart and let the visions of our happiest moments distract you from the pain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home